Method (using mixer)
Preheat Oven 240°C, Oven mode- base element and fan or fan-forced.
Our experts awarded this easy homemade pizza a score of 80%, well above any of the bought pizzas (and without knowing it was homemade).
1. Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
2. Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Using the "dough hook" on the mixer, mix on a low speed to form the dough. Once all ingredients are combined, increase speed and knead for three minutes or until elastic. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
3. Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
4. Roll out dough to the desired shape and size and place on a 34cm pizza tray. Spread evenly with 1/2 cup pizza sauce, add your favourite toppings and sprinkle with grated cheese.
5. Place on bottom shelf, cook for 10 – 15 mins or until base is crisp and topping golden brown.