BrandExpand to view more details.
List of brands we tested in this review.
PriceExpand to view more details.
Paid, in Australian dollars, based on yearly subscription. Note that Data Deposit Box only has a monthly payment option, which we've multiplied 12 times for the yearly figure.
enter value/s in increments of 1 between 37 and 146
Option to back up system image
Can create a complete system disk image of the computer, rather than just a file and folder backup.
Whether the vendor will let you send initial backup data to the service on a hard drive to speed up the initial backup process.
Can back up a USB hard drive
Whether the service can back up an attached USB hard drive.
Can back up to a local drive
Whether the service can back up to a local storage drive as well as online.
Can back up a NAS device
Whether the service can back up an NAS (network attached storage) drive on the local network.
This requires an add-on purchase for JustCloud and LiveDrive.
Sync folder available
Whether the service lets you set up a synchronisation folder as well as backups.
Included in this review
- Overall score
- Ease of use score
- Versatility score
- Performance score
- Good points
- Bad points
- General comments
- Price (annual)
- Storage capacity
- Storage type
- Data location
- Number of computers covered
- Default encryption type
- Initial backup selection
- Default backup inclusions
- User can select file types to back up
- Option to back up system image
- Seeding option
- Automatic email backup (Outlook)
- Backup scheduling options
- Can back up to a local drive
- Can back up a USB hard drive
- Can back up a NAS device
- Incremental backup
- Supports archiving
- Restore files and folders to original location
- Individual file restore
- Files kept online after deletion from local system
- Keeps multiple file versions
- Can access files through web browser
- Bandwidth control
- System resource control
- File search
- File sharing
- Sync folder available
- Email backup summary