We've reviewed pet insurance policies offered by Medibank, Woolworths, Petplan, RACQ and more. Policies range from basic accident-only cover to comprehensive policies offering cover for accident, illness and preventative healthcare.
Our comparison report will help you:
- decide which insurance is right for you and your pet
- check how much of the vet bill an insurer will pay
- check what excess payment options each policy has
- check which policies have the highest annual benefits and biggest range of features
- match a policy's features against its "bang for buck" score.
Look at each policy's feature score alongside its value rating to make sure you're getting the best product for you at the best price.
How we score
We send surveys to insurers asking about the features and premiums of their products, and we use their responses to calculate each policy's score. The score is made up of the policy features score (70%), a customer satisfaction score (20%), and a price rating (10%).
The policy score is calculated by comparing 50 different product features, such as the maximum benefit limit, what treatments are covered, and any included routine care items. The customer satisfaction score comes from a CHOICE survey of existing insurance customers' experiences with their insurer. The price rating is arrived at by collecting a range of quotes from the insurers for cats and dogs.