01.Pineapple and Passion fruit Cheesecake
1 pkt plain sweet biscuits, crushed finely
185g melted butter
2 pkts cream cheese
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 egg yolks
2 dessertspoon gelatine
6 tablespoons cold water
300ml thickened light cream, whipped
2 x 440g cans crushed pineapple unsweetened, drained
Passion fruit Jelly Topping
1 tablespoon gelatine, extra
1 cup cold water
2 tablespoon castor sugar
4 passion fruits or 1 small tin passion fruit pulp (remove some seeds if too many)
- Preheat oven to 180°C for conventional or 160°C for fan forced
- Grease 2 x 9 inch spring form tins
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter.
- Divide equally and spread over base of spring form tins.
- Bake in oven for 10 – 12 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Add egg yolks mix well.
- Combine gelatine and water, dissolve over warm tap water or microwave on high for 30 secs.
- Fold dissolved gelatine, cream and pineapple into cheese mixture.
- Divide mixture equally and spoon into prepared tins, refrigerate for 1 hour to partially set.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 2 tablespoons of the water, dissolve over hot water or microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir in sugar, remaining water and passion fruit pulp, heat gently until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Gently pour jelly over cheesecakes.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cheesecakes can also be frozen.
Makes 2 cheesecakes, approximately 12 serves per cheesecake.