01.Potato and leek soup
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 leeks, halved lengthwise & finely sliced
4 large potatoes, peeled & cubed
600 mls chicken or vegetable stock
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tabs cream
Chives, finely chopped
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onions and leeks, cook gently until soft.
- Add potatoes, and stock, bring to the boil, simmer gently for 30 minutess or until potatoes are soft.
- Stir in cream and seasonings.
- Puree soup in a blender or with a hand held blender for 30 seconds (over beating can make soup gluey)
- Garnish with chopped chives.