01.Asian-style Chicken Noodle Soup
4 chicken fillets
3 tabs soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon grass, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 ½ litres chicken stock (see chicken stock recipe)
4 Asian egg noodle, portions
200 g assorted mushrooms, sliced
4 green onions, finely sliced
½ bunch asian vegetable, chopped (choy sum, chinese broccoli, bok choy)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
1 cup bean sprouts
½ cup chopped coriander leaves
1 red chilli, optional
1 lime, cut into quarters
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, honey, chilli, lemongrass and garlic. Add chicken and allow to stand for ½ hour
- Heat a frypan on medium heat, add chicken thighs and cook gently for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and slice.
- Pour stock into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add noodles and mushrooms, cook until noodles are tender approximately 3 minutes.
- Add asian vegetables and green onions, marinated chicken, soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Using tongs place a portion of noodles into 4 deep soup bowls, pour over the rest of the soup mixture, top with bean sprouts, coriander and chilli.
- Squeeze of lime juice optional