400gms Parsnips, peeled, halved length wise
4 rind from half a lemon
4 large sage leaves
1 tsp salt
2 tabs butter
2 tabs cream
Squeeze of lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tabs freshly chopped sage
- In a medium saucepan cover parsnips with water.
- Add lemon rind, whole sage leaves and salt.
- Boil until parsnips are tender. Drain well and discard lemon rind and sage leaves.
- Add butter, cream, salt and pepper and lemon juice, blend until smooth with a hand blender or potato masher and wooden spoon.
- Stir in extra sage leaves.
- Serve with chicken, fish or steak.