01.Cauliflower au gratin
1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 tablespoon water
2 cups béchamel sauce (see béchamel sauce recipe)
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
½ cup breadcrumbs, fresh or dried
½ cup grated tasty cheese
1 tablespoon butter
- Place cauliflower florets and water in a microwave/oven safe round flat dish (glass pie dish is perfect).
- Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 8 minutes. Remove plastic.
- Combine béchamel sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Rub butter into breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over sauce.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cauliflower can be boiled on the cooktop for 10 minutes.