½ cup plain flour
4 osso bucco
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Celery leaf, finely chopped (for garnish)
2 bay leaves
¼ cup red wine
½ tin canned tomatoes, diced
1 cup passatta
½ cup stock
2 slices of lemon rind
Salt and pepper
• Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in an oven pan, flour osso bucco, and brown both sides until golden.
• Set aside osso bucco .
• In the same oven pan fry off onion, carrot, celery, garlic and bay leaf until soft.
• Return meat, add the rest of the ingredients.
• Cover and place in a slow oven 160°C for 2 ½ hours or until meat falls off the bone.
• Check after 2 hours may need to add extra stock.
Serve with celeriac mash or any vegetable puree
Can be cooked in a heavy based pan on the stove
Or in a slow cooker for 8 hours on low.