2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups aborio rice
1 cup white wine
150g pine mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 litres hot stock (vegetable or chicken)
150g parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large 4 litre saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic fry until softened.
- Add rice stir for 1-2 mins until rice grains are coated in oil.
- Add wine stir approximately 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and 1 cup of stock, stir occasionally until stock has reduced.
- Add portions of butter and cheese after the adding of each cup of stock.
- Continue to add stock one cup at a time until rice grains are tender with a slight firmness in the centre of the grain.
- Risotto should be porridge like consistency.
- Season to taste.