01.Mushroom pasta with sage
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
6-8 Sage leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups assorted mushrooms, roughly chopped
½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup white wine
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon butter, extra optional
500g cooked pasta, fresh or dried (Fettucine, Papadella)
- In a large fry pan heat butter and oil on a medium to high heat.
- Add onions, sage and garlic cook for 3 - 4minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 4 minutes.
- Add white wine and stock cook for a further 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly.
- Finish off with parsley and butter.
- Toss through cooked pasta.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- Fresh pasta will take half the time to cook than dried pasta.
- Start to cook dried pasta before you start cooking the sauce.
- Start to cook fresh pasta when adding the mushrooms, just make sure there is a pot of boiling water ready to go.