2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, finely diced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
3 baby eggplant, chopped
1 440g can diced tomatoes
1 cup water
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan on a medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic cook gently until soft.
3. Add cinnamon and tomato paste, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and eggplant.
5. Add diced tomatoes and water.
6. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
7. Season to taste.
8. Serve with pasta and parmesan cheese.