01.Broad bean pasta
½ cup olive oil
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 large brown onion, diced
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 cans flageolet beans, drained (or 1 packet frozen broad beans)
½ cup stock (see chicken stock recipe)
½ cup white wine
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil, garlic, onion and oregano, on a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Add beans cook for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and wine and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until beans are soft and mushy.
- Mash bean mixture until smooth with a potato masher or stick blender.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with Lamb and your favourite pasta (see how to cook pasta).
- If mixture is too dry add extra stock.
- When using frozen broadbeans remove and discard outer shell to reveal the bright green bean