01.How to slow cook pan fried duck
2 Duck breast, fat trimmed around meat
- Place duck breasts in a cold fry pan.
- Heat on low to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Salt the skin of the breasts and place in the pan, skin side down.
- Cook for 25 – 35 minutes depending on the thickness of the breast. (Skin should be golden and fat rendered.)
- Turn over and cook for another 5 – 8 minutes.
- Allow the duck to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve sliced at an angle.
Look for a deep red flesh, no smell.
Duck is served pink