I'm a long-time investigative journalist who started off in New York City, ended up in Sydney, and likes nothing better than to shine a spotlight on underhanded behaviour in the consumer marketplace. The Investigations Team's work often focuses on financial harm to vulnerable people at the hands of corporations and businesses.
I came to CHOICE in late 2010 by way of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, a role that was preceded by a stint at the Australian Financial Review. I've also been a comms manager for a sales-driven boutique financial services firm in Sydney – an experience that inspired me to apply for the ASIC job.
I research and report on a wide range of issues in the consumer marketplace – there never seems to be a shortage of them. I'm a former member of the NSW Fair Trading Advisory Council.
Recent articles by Andy
- TPG email cancellations causing chaos, but there may be an upside
- Cigno payday loan charging 800% declared illegal
- These are the most complained about businesses in 2023
- 3 out of 4 Australians harmed by a data breach
- CHOICE report: Extreme weather putting home insurance out of reach
- Why are we still paying billions in bank fees?