Metered Energy manages electricity retail services for embedded networks (e.g. apartment blocks) in regional and South East Queensland. It has more than 14,000 household customers and also offers gas and hot water utilities.
Metered Energy was established in 2012 and is a private, Australian-owned company with headquarters and a call centre in Brisbane. It has operated in Queensland alone since it received retailer authorisation, but it also has licenses to sell electricity and gas in New South Wales as of 2011.
Rather than selling directly with tenants and property owners within the embedded network, Metered Energy works with body corporate and/or building managers.
Contact details for Metered Energy
- 1300 633 637 or (07) 3891 3733
- Metered Energy does not own and operate any energy plants and therefore is not directly involved in fossil fuel extraction.
- It does, however, buy energy from the open market where coal still dominates and as a result, has no clear plans to end coal use by 2030.
- Metered Energy has not taken an active stance on strong climate policy.
- 117 (0.8%) of Metered Energy's customers lodged complaints against the company in 2020–21.
- 87% of calls made to Metered Energy are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a call is 20 seconds.
- 1.7% of callers hang up before their call is answered according to 2020–21 AER customer service data.