Amber Electric was established in 2019 and was started by Chris Thompson and Dan Adams. At present the company operates throughout New South Wales, the ACT, Victoria, South Australia and South East Queensland. Their head office is in Melbourne.
Amber Electric works by charging a monthly amount to get access to wholesale electricity prices. It's focus is around solar, EVs and battery and are designed to accelerate the uptake of renewables. They still buy energy from the open market where coal still dominates.
Contact information for Amber Electric
1800 531 907
Amber Electric is one of two energy retailers to earn a CHOICE recommendation.
- Encourages customers to use power when renewable generation is high.
- Active support for household solar.
- Amber Electric is not part of the Climate Active government scheme.
- Offers some 100% renewable electricity plans.
- 71 (0.5%) of Amber Electric customers made complaints against the company in 2021-22, according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 100% of customer service calls made to Enova in 2021-22 were answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a call was 0 seconds.
- 0.0% of all calls made to the company were abandoned before being answered.
Amber Electric still buys energy from the open market where coal still dominates.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.