CHOICE's submission focuses on three key areas of the Consumer Data Right (CDR): potential areas of expansion, accessibility and consumer protection. A national product safety database, country-wide complaints register, and the insurance and automotive industries would all benefit from the application of open data. However, expansion of the CDR into new categories will not benefit consumers unless data is accessible and usable.
Download submission (PDF)
- Open banking is coming, and it could save you money
- Tinder charges older people more
- Op-ed: Tinder's secret pricing shows how companies use our data against us
- Consumers could soon save by accessing their own data
- Data collection by loyalty programs
- Loyalty programs and data collections
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.