04.What to look for
What to look for
What they (almost) all have
• One high-definition digital TV tuner.
• HDMI output.
• Coaxial antenna pass-through socket (to allow another device to access the antenna).
• Composite and component video outputs (RCA).
• Stereo analogue audio output (RCA).
• Ability to play other media via the USB port (except the TEAC HDVR845)
• Support favourite channels and scheduling recordings from the EPG.
• Support firmware updates via a USB device.
What they (almost) all can’t do
• Record Pay TV.
• Support changing the thumbnail (if any) of a recording.
• Support searching of recordings.
• Support A-B deletion or recorded file division.
• Display video thumbnails for recordings.
• Support automatic "padding" for recordings so you don't miss programs that start early or overrun (except the Beyonwiz).