Our five expert reviewers were:
- Michael Slater, former test cricketer and top-order batsman.
- Lisa Sthalekar, current NSW women's cricket captain and vice-captain of the Australian Women’s cricket team.
- Julian Millichamp, master bat maker.
- Dean Magee, cricket manager at Kingsgrove Sports Centre in Sydney.
- David Mason, secretary and coach of the Marrickville RSL Junior Cricket Club.
How are CHOICE tests different? We buy all the products we test - no industry freebies, no government funding. We're non-profit, we don't take ads and our work is funded solely by people like you.
- Generally, the better the bat, the more you pay for it. But some are much better value for money than others.
- A brand name or player’s name doesn’t necessarily guarantee a better bat.
- Make sure the bat fits the player; it’s worth getting advice from a specialist store.
- AERIAL Kashmir Willow
- CRICKET AUSTRALIA Test
- GRAY-NICOLLS Fusion Enforcer
- GRAY-NICOLLS Powerbow 500
- KOOKABURRA Genesis 8000
- KOOKABURRA Kahuna Magic
- MRF Prodigy
- PUMA Ballistic 3000
- PUMA Gilchrist
- SLAZENGER V23 Kashmir
- SLAZENGER V389 Select
- WOODWORM Pieterson Pioneer Torch