Red Energy sells electricity to over 500,00 households, or over 5% of Australia's residential customers, according to 2018/19 figures. Red Energy joined the Australian market in 2004 and claims to be all about providing you and your community with something better. The company is 100% owned by Snowy Hydro.
Red Energy was established in 2004 and currently has over 500,000 customers. It is privately owned by Snowy Hydro. Its head office is in Cremorne, Victoria and its call centre is based in Richmond, Victoria.
Along with Red Energy, Lumo Energy is also owned by Snowy Hydro. Snowy Hydro continues to be a Corporations Act company with an Independent Board of Directors.
Contact details for Red Energy
13 18 06
- Red Energy owns mostly renewable assets (via Snowy Hydro) with emissions intensity cost close to zero.
- It offers a lower than average cost for GreenPower.
- Red Energy has no involvement in demand response/management programs, community energy projects or P2P trading, according to the Green Electricity Guide.
- It has no current investments in coal or CSG, but no public policy against them.
- Red Energy has energy efficiency information on its website, but this should be made more accessible.
- 16,218 (or 3.2%) of Red Energy's customers lodged complaints against the company in 2018-19.
- 66% of calls made to Red Energy are answered within 30 seconds.
- Some callers are left waiting longer – but the average wait time is 33 seconds.
- Only 2% of callers hang up before their call is answered.