CHOICE Help is a free service for CHOICE members. We're here to help you stand up for your rights when things go wrong. Have you:
- had a car part fail just 10 months after it was installed?
- been misled about the cost of a car rental?
- been door-knocked and pressured into buying a home ventilation system?
- had a solar panel installer say that a fault wasn't covered by warranty?
With our help, CHOICE members have fought for their rights to refunds, replacements, repairs, contract cancellations and goodwill gestures in these situations and many others.
In the last six months, we've helped members save more than $10,000.
How we can help
Do you have a problem with a product or service? Our Consumer rights and advice pages are the place to start.
If you haven't found the answer in our articles or templates, members can contact us using the CHOICE Help contact form or phone 1800 069 552 between 9am-5pm (AEST) Monday to Friday to see if we can help you further.
We'll make sure the power of Australia's largest and loudest consumer movement is on your side to help get your problem fixed.
Wow... thanks so much for following this up... the total overcharge has now been refunded... Thanks again for all you do.
- Doug Beer, CHOICE member
What we can and can't do
- We can help when you have a complaint about consumer products or services.
- We can give you information to empower you when dealing with retailers, manufacturers and service providers.
- We can direct you to the appropriate agency to lodge a complaint.
- We can try to contact retailers, manufacturers and service providers on your behalf if we think it's appropriate.
- We can't guarantee an outcome.
- We can't give you legal advice.
- We can't give you general or personal financial advice.
- We can't provide financial counselling services.
- We can't represent you in a court or tribunal or other legal setting.
Who we can help
We can help you if you're an individual CHOICE member. We can't help institutional members (schools, organisations or others with group memberships) through CHOICE Help.