Where to start
Do you have a problem with a product or service? Our consumer rights and advice pages are the place to start.
- Find out about your rights to repair and replacement.
- Use our consumer complaints checklist as a guide to make sure your complaint gets heard.
- Check our advice for contacting the right regulator or ombudsman service.
How we can help
If you haven't found the answer in our articles or templates, CHOICE members can ask us for:
- guidance if you have a complaint about a consumer product or service
- information sources to empower you when dealing with retailers, manufacturers and service providers
- advice on the appropriate agency to lodge a complaint.
What we cannot provide
While we will do our best to support you and point you in the right direction, we cannot:
- guarantee an outcome
- give you legal advice
- give you general or personal financial advice
- provide financial counselling services
- represent you in a court or tribunal or other legal setting
- contact retailers, manufacturers and service providers on your behalf.
Who we can help
We can help you if you're an individual CHOICE member.
We can't help institutional members (schools, organisations or others with group memberships) through CHOICE Help.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.