We review non-stick frypans with a 26cm or 28cm diameter, ranging in price from $32 to $279, and assess them for their:
- Heat distribution
- Ease of use
On this page, we look at:
CHOICE's experts independently test a wide range of products and services to bring you unbiased reviews, product comparison tools and buying advice that is trusted by 140,000+ members.
Get access to all
- Anolon Endurance 28cm
- Chef Inox 63672 Ezigrip 26cm
- Chief Castware Cast Frypan 28cm
- Circulon Infinite 28cm
- Greenpan Rotterdam 26cm Frypan
- Greenpan Stockholm Frypan 28cm
- Jamie Oliver Stainless Copper Frypan 26cm
- Le Creuset 3-ply Stainless Steel Frypan 28cm
- Raco Contemporary 28cm
- Scanpan CTX 26cm Frypan
- Scanpan Induction+ 26cm Frypan
- Swiss Diamond Frypan flat 11” (28cm) 6428
- Tefal Softline Frypan 26cm
Cooking performance Our home economist, Fiona Mair, assesses each frypan by cooking a pancake and frying eggs:
- The pancake test assesses the evenness of heat distribution in each frypan.
- The frying eggs test assesses the non-stick capability of each frypan. First, Fiona fries one egg with no oil to assess the performance of the non-stick surface. She then fries four eggs consecutively, using only a quarter teaspoon of oil to start. For these tests she follows the manufacturer’s instructions with regard to whether or not the pan needs to be seasoned.
Durability A section of each frypan is scrubbed 10,000 times with a Scotch Brite scourer under a 10kg weight to assess the resilience of the non-stick coating.
Ease of use Fiona assesses the comfort of the handle and balance and weight of the frypan when lifting. She also looks at the ease of cleaning the non-stick surface as well as the exterior surfaces of the frypan.
For more information on Kitchen appliances, see Kitchen.
Get access to our independent testing reports and save yourself time and money.