Test results for 13 oven cleaners
Cooking a big baked dinner for the whole gang was worth the effort. Now that the dishwasher’s taking care of the dishes, it’s time to put your feet up — the oven can wait. Behind the dark, tightly closed oven door, it’s easy to forget about the baked-on stains from meat juices and oil … till you next open the door.
If you don’t wipe your oven regularly after each use, you’ll need a lot of time or elbow grease to clean it, or a specially formulated oven cleaner.
To see which brands are best at delivering a squeaky-clean oven without back-breaking hard work, we bought all the products we could find in major supermarkets and put them through tough tests. We also had a look at their ingredients in the hope of finding one that’ll do the work without damaging your health or the environment.
- Amway Blast Off Oven Cleaner
- Bicarb & vinegar
- Black & Gold Caustic Oven Cleaner (A)
- Cinderella Super Fast Oven & BBQ Cleaner
- Coles Smart-Buy Oven Cleaner Non-caustic
- Easy-Off Oven Fume Free Cleaner
- Easy-Off Oven Heavy Duty Cleaner 5 Minute Clean
- Home Brand Caustic Oven Cleaner
- Mr Muscle Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner
- Mr Muscle Odourless Oven Cleaner
- Rubbedin Oven and Grill Magic Active Gel Cleaner
- Selleys Oven Kleen Fast Acting (A)
- Selleys Oven Plus Heavy Duty Gel (A)