ReAmped Energy is an independent, Australian-owned retailer that supplies electricity to nearly 34,000 homes. It's certified carbon neutral and is actively involved in promoting household solar.
Established in 2018, ReAmped Energy emphasises its independence and all-digital business model. This means everything happens online, including billing and customer support. ReAmped has no customer service hotline, though you can put in a callback request on its website if you'd prefer to speak to a real person. The call centre is based in Brisbane.
ReAmped sells electricity in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT. It's also received gas retailer authorisation in these locations (including Victoria), but it hasn't moved into this market as of yet.
Contact details for ReAmped Energy
- ReAmped is certified carbon neutral and climate active.
- It offers competitive solar feed-in tariffs and solar plans for customers, and also has active support for household solar.
- It supports a Savanna Burning project in the Tiwi Islands.
- Though it's largely committed to ending coal use by 2030, ReAmped still buys some energy from the open market, where coal dominates.
- While ReAmped supports a wind power project in China with credits stapled with an Australian vegetation offset from Bendigo, Victoria, it hasn't invested in local renewables generation.
- 246 (0.7%) of ReAmped's customers lodged complaints against the company in 2020–21.
- 98% of calls made to ReAmped are answered within 30 seconds.
- There are some significant outliers, as the average wait time is over 20 minutes (1221 seconds). This is by far the longest wait time recorded in our survey.
- 0.8% of callers hang up before their call is answered according to 2020–21 AER customer service data.
ReAmped is not transparent about its energy sources.