ReAmped Energy is an independent, Australian-owned retailer that supplies electricity to nearly 18,000 homes. It's certified carbon neutral and is actively involved in promoting household solar.
Established in 2018, ReAmped Energy emphasises its independence and all-digital business model. This means everything happens online, including billing and customer support. ReAmped has no customer service hotline, though you can put in a callback request on its website if you'd prefer to speak to a real person. The call centre is based in Brisbane.
ReAmped sells electricity in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT. It's also received gas retailer authorisation in these locations (including Victoria), but it hasn't moved into this market as of yet.
Contact details for ReAmped Energy
- ReAmped is certified carbon neutral and climate active.
- It offers competitive solar feed-in tariffs and solar plans for customers, and also has active support for household solar.
- It supports a Savanna Burning project in the Tiwi Islands.
- Though it's largely committed to ending coal use by 2030, ReAmped still buys some energy from the open market, where coal dominates.
- While ReAmped supports a wind power project in China with credits stapled with an Australian vegetation offset from Bendigo, Victoria, it hasn't invested in local renewables generation.
- 342 (1.9%) of ReAmped's customers lodged complaints against the company in 2021–22.
- No calls made to ReAmped were answered within 30 seconds, according to the AER data.
- We found there were zero dropped calls by the customer - we suspect that this has to do with ReAmped not taking any additional customers during a period in 2022 in the energy price rise, and still have not started accepting any as of this articles date.
ReAmped is not transparent about its energy sources.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.