01.Chicken Vegetable and Pasta Soup
Chicken, Vegetable and Pasta Soup
1kg chicken wings
3 litres water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ onions, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 chilli, seeded and sliced finely
1 peeled carrot, halved and sliced
2 celery sticks, sliced
2 litres chicken stock
2 chicken thighs, cubed
6 button mushrooms, sliced
Handful of baby celery leaves and parsley, roughly chopped
250g dry pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place the above ingredients in a large 4 litre saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2-8 hours. (The longer the better)
- Fry onion, garlic, ½ of the chilli, carrots and celery in olive oil for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add stock, chicken, mushrooms, half of celery leaf and parsley bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add pasta and cook for another 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Season if required.
- Serve soup with a sprinkle of the extra celery leaf, parsley, chilli and parmesan as desired