01.List of machines recalled
Fair Trading Minister Virginia Judge today announced the national recall of 11 models of Simpson and Electrolux washing machines that could cause a possible electric shock.
If water or detergent was inadvertently spilt on the lids of the machines it could cause an electrical fault, the minister warned.
“While the manufacturer advises there is no serious risk, consumers need to be aware of the possibility of an electric shock," she said. “Fair Trading has received one report of a faulty Electrolux washing machine that gave the user a mild tingling sensation when they touched it. Queensland has also received a similar report.”
Ms Judge said nearly 185,000 Simpson and Electrolux machines sold in Australia and New Zealand since September 2007 are being recalled, including more than 56,000 in New South Wales.
“If consumers are concerned they should stop using the machine immediately,” she said.
“The manufacturer will make arrangements for a service technician to repair the machine free of charge.”
Models and serial numbers affected are:
- Simpson 22S750M 917 50424
- Simpson 22S950M 851 50013
- Simpson SWT552SA 920 54230
- Simpson SWT605SA 920 54333
- Simpson SWT802SA 920 50411
- Simpson SWT902SA 920 52807
- Simpson SWT955SA 936 51259
- Electrolux EWT606SA 936 51151
- Electrolux EWT806SA 908 51752
- Electrolux EWT806SB 931 50755
- Electrolux EWT959SA 928 51041
Owners or users of these machines should register their details at www.simpson.com.au/recall or Electrolux or call 1800 001 218