05.Check the fine print
The terms and conditions often contain important caveats on cancellations and monthly usage limits.
- Some plans that advertise ‘unlimited’ downloads may impose charges if you go over a certain limit.
- If you can’t get full coverage in your area and cancel the contract, some companies impose conditions such as a seven-day limit for return of equipment or no connection fee refund for usage above 20MB.
- Unused data usually expires at the end of each month.
- GPRS charges may be additional.
- Some plans count data usage (incoming and outgoing), while others count download (incoming) towards the monthly limit.
- There may be fees for early termination or switching between plans before the term of the contract