02.Terms and conditions
CHOICE Biggest Purchasing Blunders Promotion
Company: CHOICE - 57 Carrington Road Marrickville NSW 2204
Commences: Monday 12 November 2012 at 9am
Concludes: Friday 11 January 2013 at 5pm
Total Estimated Promotion Value - $ 825.40
Total Number of Possible Promotion Prizes - 4
1. Information on how to enter the CHOICE Biggest Purchasing Blunders Promotion form part of these conditions of entry.
2. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
3. The promoter is CHOICE (“Promoter”), 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204, ABN 72 000 281 925 and ACN 000 281 925.
4. The Promotion commences at 9am AEST on Monday 12 November 2012 and entries close at 5pm AEST on Monday 17 December 2012. Online voting will commence at 9am AEST on Friday 21 December 2012 and close at 5pm AEST on Friday 11 January 2013. The winner will be announced on Monday 14 January 2013. (“Promotional Period”).
5. Entry is open to all CHOICE members.
How to Enter
6. To enter this Promotion, entrants must email CHOICE at firstname.lastname@example.org including the following details; the entrants name, daytime or mobile phone number, and a description of their biggest purchasing blunder in 25 words or less, plus a photo of the purchase.
7. A CHOICE panel will review all entries and select four finalists, who will appear on the CHOICE website at choice.com.au/biggestblunder. CHOICE members and visitors to the website can cast their votes for the Biggest Purchasing Blunder, and the one with the most votes will win.
8. Employees of the Promoter, Board members and such Employees’ immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, at any time during or after the closing of the Promotion, the validity of all entries and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries or tampers with the entry process or uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly.
10. Entrants must notify the Promoter in writing of any changes of email address, residential address or phone number.
11. Winners, who cannot be reached at the email address, address or phone number provided on their entry will be disqualified.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to: a) verify the validity of entries and entrants including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence; and/or b) disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is, in its reasonable opinion, not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
Draws and Prizes
13. All winners will be determined at the premises of the Promoter being 57 Carrington Rd, Marrickville, NSW 2204 at 9am AEST on Monday 14 January 2013.
14. One major winner will choose one (1) prize package from the below list:
Around the Home package: valued at $360
• Russell Hobbs RHMP750 Multi Processor
• Panasonic KX-TG8032ALB Handset
Great Outdoors package: valued at $279
• Ryobi RED1520G Lawn Edger
• Ryobi RHT600RLG Hedge Trimmer
Leisure and Entertainment package: valued at $408
• Sony Reader PRS-T2 (New Model)
• LG BP620 Blue Ray Player
Babies and Kids package: valued at $246
• Childcare Grange XT Cot
• Chicco Happy Snack High Chair
The three runners-up will receive a CHOICE Online membership for 12 months, which can be added to their current membership or given to a friend as a gift. This is valued at $91.80 each.
15. The prize values are correct at time of printing and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any subsequent variation in the prize value.
16. If the prizes are unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value or specification. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
17. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
18. Winners will be notified by mail / email and winners’ names will be published online at www.choice.com.au/biggestblunder on Monday 14 January 2013. Only winners will receive written notification.
19. An alternate winner may be determined by the CHOICE Panel from the three (3) runners-up at the same place as the original winner was determined if after 3 months the prize remain unclaimed. The new winner will be announced and contacted at 10am on Monday 15 April 2013.
Personal Information and Privacy
21. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, send electronic messages or telephone the entrant.
22. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Entrants can request access, provide updates, opt-out or correct their personal information by contacting CHOICE in writing at 57 Carrington Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204, or via email at email@example.com.
23. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, and any of its partners, contractors, agents or related body corporates (including any directors, officers, and employees thereof), will not be liable for any loss, personal injury or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss), whether as a result of participation in this Promotion, the Promoter’s negligence or otherwise.
24. The winner of the Promotion will participate in the Promotion at their own risk. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time if an entrant does not sign waivers or other documents provided by the Promoter.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, for any reason whatsoever, without liability subject to written directions from State Regulatory bodies.