03.Getting the most out of your appointment
Asking the right questions can go a long way towards better health - here are some key tips and strategies to help you get the most out of your appointment.
Just ask your doctor
Our US sister organisation, Consumers Union, compiled these questions to help you make the most of your consultation with your doctor:
- What is my exact diagnosis? What’s the cause of my problem?
- How long will I be sick?
- How long before I’ll see improvement?
- Under what conditions should I call you or come back?
- Can you recommend any sources of information?
- Why is this test necessary? What will it tell us that we don’t already know?
- Will the results significantly alter any treatment plans?
- When will the results be ready? Should I call you for them, or will you call me?