Guide to choosing a GP

Looking for doctor right.
Learn more
  • Updated:6 Feb 2006

04.Useful contacts

Locating a GP

To find contact details for your local Division of General Practice, or the AMA or RACGP in your state or territory, go to:

Making a complaint

If you have a complaint about some aspect of your healthcare (the clinical treatment you’ve received or your doctor’s conduct, for example), it’s a good idea to first discuss your concerns with your doctor or another doctor in the practice. But if this doesn’t resolve your problem, you have several options.

You can complain to:

  • The independent health services commission/ombudsman in your state or territory.
  • The relevant Medical Board in your state or territory.
  • Your local branch of the AMA or other professional association of which your doctor is a member, where applicable.

For contact details for these bodies in each state and territory go to Complaint Line.


Sign up to our free

Receive FREE email updates of our latest tests, consumer news and CHOICE marketing promotions.