06.Quiz - do the sums
Is DIY Super for you?
If your accountant or financial planner recommends setting up a Self-Managed Super Fund, how can you make sure it really will give you the best deal?
A self-managed fund is really only worth your while if you:
- Have a minimum of $200,000 to invest;
- Have some investment expertise and understand the importance of proper investment strategies;
- Have the time and interest to be involved with your fund;
- Understand the responsibilities that come with being a trustee; and
- Can have your employer contributions paid into the fund.
Disclaimer: Our recommendations are of a general nature and have not been developed with your individual circumstances and needs in mind. Consult a licensed financial services professional if you require advice about your specific financial needs.