- Creating a network over your home electrical wiring is easy.
- Powerline devices can reach where Wi-Fi cannot.
- They’re fast enough to stream high-definition video.
Setting up a network at home just got a lot easier. The latest generation of plug-and-play devices can have you online in under two minutes and are very simple to set up.
Powerline networking devices use your home’s built-in electrical wiring to connect devices to each other and even the internet. But how do they rate against traditional wired and wireless networks? We bought and tested 11 kits to see how they compare for ease of use and performance.
For more information on Networking and internet, see Computers and online.
- Belkin Surf Powerline HD Dual Pack F5D4077au
- D-Link PowerLine AV Network Starter Kit DHP 307AV
- Netcomm Home Entertainment Connection Kit NP203
- Netcomm Powerline adapters with AC pass through NP204
- Netgear XAVB2001-100AUS
- Netgear XAVB5001-100AUS
- Netgear XAVB5004-100AUS
- Netgear XAVB5501-100AUS
- Pro2 IPP200 Internet Power Point Adapter
- TP-Link AV200 Mini Powerline Adapter Starter Kit TL-PA211-KIT
- Western Digital WD Livewire Powerline AV Network Kit
CHOICE's experts independently test a wide range of products and services to bring you unbiased reviews, product comparison tools and buying advice that is trusted by 160,000+ members.
Get access to all
*Billed quarterly as $23.95
Get access to our independent testing reports and save yourself time and money.