Test results for 15 car tyres (195/65R15) priced from $99 to $179
This size is currently used on a number of popular small cars such as the Ford Focus (our test car), Honda Civic, Kia Cerato, Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla, and the Volkswagen Golf.
We checked them for:
- Braking performance in dry and wet conditions.
- Cornering performance in dry and wet conditions.
- Only one model performed just as well in the wet as it did in the dry.
- Just 5 km/h can make a difference between holding a corner and going out of control.
- BFGoodrich Sport T/A (A)
- Bridgestone Turanza AR10 (A)
- Dunlop SP Sport 300E
- Federal Formoza FD1 (A)
- Firestone Firehawk TZ100 (A)
- Goodyear Assurance Armorgrip (A)
- GT Radial Champiro 228
- Hankook Enfren H430 (A)
- Kumho Solus KH15 (A)
- Marshal Matrac MH11 (A)
- Maxxis MA-P1
- Michelin Energy XM1+ (A)
- Pirelli P7 (A)
- Toyo TEO Plus
- Yokohama A.drive (A)
We’d like to thank Morgan Park Raceway in Warwick, Qld, for ensuring a smooth test, and Ford for generously loaning us the test vehicle, a Ford Focus LX.
Get access to our independent testing reports and save yourself time and money.