CHOICE members often ask us to test mattresses in our labs, but personal preference is also a huge factor when it comes to buying the right mattress for you, so shopping around and doing a little research is essential.
We ask thousands of members about the mattresses they own, what they think of them and how they've held up over time.
More than 7000 members participated and the information they provided gives us a really good indication of how various mattress brands stack up over time – something we can't test in our labs.
In April and May 2018, we asked more than 7000 people who'd bought a new mattress to tell us:
- when they'd bought it
- the mattress brand and type (such as inner-spring, latex, memory foam)
- what the pillow top is made from (if applicable)
- how much they spent on the mattress
- how they'd rate the mattress on a seven-point scale from "excellent" to "terrible" (categories are weighted to calculate the satisfaction score)
- whether they experienced any major or minor problems with the mattress and if so, what were the main issues?
Brand reliability results are for CHOICE members only.
Our guide to buying the best mattress is free and has lots of great information and advice.
Our brand reliability scores helps guide you when choosing a product – with the knowledge that the brand is well regarded by CHOICE members for customer satisfaction and reliability.
Unlock this article and more
- Information you can trust
- See the best brands
- Avoid the worst performers