CHOICE lodged complaints to both the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) about non-alcoholic hand sanitisers. CHOICE asked both regulatory bodies to investigate potentially misleading advertising claims made by companies about the protection offered by quaternary ammonium compound-based hand sanitisers.
Download complaints (PDF)
- CHOICE complaint to the TGA about non-alcoholic hand sanitisers (386kb)
- CHOICE complaint to the ACCC about non-alcoholic hand sanitisers (274kb)
- Panic marketing and the coronavirus
- Hand sanitisers: a booming business
- Mosaic Brands customers still wait for hand sanitiser marketed amid COVID-19 panic
- Investigation: Mosaic Brands sold mislabelled, ineffective hand sanitiser
- Investigation: 29 popular hand sanitisers put to the test
- Are alcohol-free hand sanitisers effective against COVID-19?
- What you should know before making your own hand sanitiser
- How to buy the best hand sanitiser
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.