BrandExpand to view more details.
List of brands we tested in this review.
enter value/s in increments of 1 between 0 and 0
We assess the policy benefits, including medical, cancellation, additional expenses, baggage and rental car cover. A higher score is better.
enter value/s in increments of i between 38 and 82
A higher score is better: it means fewer complaints are made and the insurer is more willing to come to an agreement with aggrieved customers. This score is derived from the level of complaints handled by the Australian Financial Complaints Authority last financial year.
enter value/s in increments of i between 27 and 81
Ease of Use score
We assess how accessible the terms and conditions are (number of documents, word count), whether you can purchase and claim online, and whether there's a 24/7 claims phone line. A higher score is better.
enter value/s in increments of i between 45 and 100
Included in this review
- Price score
- Overall score
- Ease of Use score
- Cover score
- Claims score
- Policy age limit
- Medical expenses
- Dental expenses for accident or injury ($)
- Dental expenses acute pain ($)
- Cancellation expenses
- Additional expenses for interrupted travel ($)
- Additional expenses for special event ($)
- Additional expenses for pre-paid travel arrangements
- Travel delay expenses ($)
- Hours before travel delay covered
- Limit per 24 hours for travel delay ($)
- Baggage expenses
- Single unspecified item ($)
- Video or photo camera ($)
- Laptop or tablet ($)
- Smartphone ($)
- Prescribed medications ($)
- Limit for baggage lost temporarily
- Family limit for baggage lost temporarily
- Hours before cover applies for baggage lost temporarily
- Rental car excess
- Limit for rental car excess ($)