Switching made easy in seven simple steps
1. Get a detailed quote, including:
- Government rebate
- Lifetime cover rating surchage
2. Apply for cover
- Ask for cover to start only when old cover is cancelled.
- Clearance certificate
- Itemised claims statement
Make a copy and send to new fund.
4. Cancel old cover
- Cancel direct debit with fund and your bank.
5. Notify new fund to start the cover.
6. Check your bank statement to make sure:
- New cover has started
- Old cover has been cancelled
- There is no overlap
Back to main article: How to switch health insurance