Consumers are the largest single group affected by economic decision making, and the Budget consequently has an outsized impact on them. CHOICE recommends that the 2021-2022 Federal Budget needs to serve consumers in three key ways:
- Adequate funding to ensure the continuation of an economically efficient, nationally coordinated approach to consumer regulations.
- A continuation of the Federal Treasury review of the product safety system
- Funding certainty for a Superannuation Consumer Advocate.
Download submission (PDF)
- Pre-Budget submission to Treasury on the 2020-21 Budget (PDF, 760kb)
- Pre-Budget submission to Treasury on the 2019-20 Budget (PDF, 319kb)
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.