Each year CHOICE participates in an audit by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) that measures our diversity performance.
Some key findings from the 2018–19 report were:
- 54.5% of the CHOICE Board were female
- The gender composition of CHOICE's workforce was 56.1% female and 43.9% male.
- 62.5% of our Key Management Personnel were female.
- Of the staff members ranked as "professional", 55% were female.
- 50% of our management were women.
- 60% of all manager promotions went to women.
- 88.9% of all non-manager promotions went to women
- 29.9% of our workforce is part-time with 7.1% of promotions being awarded to part-time employees
- CHOICE provides staff with eight of the nine key flexible work practices to support gender equality queried by the WGEA, which highlights how well we support our employees.
Read the full report.
What actions did we take from last year's report?
Key actions implemented from last year's report were:
- Encouraging employees on parental leave to undertake key leadership development programs.
- Undertaking a pay equity audit, to identify and act upon salary gaps in relation to like-for-like roles across the organisation.
What is the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)?
WGEA is an Australian Government statutory agency, established because of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
The Agency is charged with promoting and improving gender equality in Australian workplaces who employ 100 or more employees, working collaboratively with employers advising on practical tools and education to help them improve their gender performance.
Visit the WGEA website to learn more.
Why do we undertake an annual WGEA audit?
Under the Act, as an employer of over 100 employees they require us to report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency annually on a set of standardised reporting matters under six gender equality indicators.
We find this audit a useful way for us to understand where we sit on a national scale and identify where we can continue to improve.CHOICE used insights from last year's WGEA report to enhance our Diversity and Inclusion plan and this year's findings will help us to further work on equality at CHOICE.
How can you provide feedback?
If you wish to provide comments about the findings or the report in general to CHOICE management, please email the People and Culture team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd prefer to make comments to WGEA directly, you can complete the WGEA's comments submission form.