Tango Energy sells electricity to over 95,000 households according to 2021-22 figures and gas to Victorian customers. It's a private company owned by Pacific Hydro and owns wind farms and hydro plants in both Australia and South America.
Tango Energy was established in 2012 with headquarters in Melbourne, Victoria and a call centre in Geelong. It's the retail arm of a company called Pacific Hydro, which also has operations in South America. Pacific Hydro is owned by State Power Investment Overseas of China. This makes it a foreign-owned, private entity.
Contact details for Tango Energy
1800 010 648
- Tango Energy has significantly improved its green electricity efforts. It scored 6.5 out of 10 stars in 2020–21, up from 2.5 stars in 2019–20.
- It owns extensive wind and hydro generation facilities which means its emissions intensity is close to zero.
- It also offers solar packages and it's GreenPower accredited.
- However, its parent company is involved in coal mining and Tango has not taken an active stance on strong climate policy.
- 231 (or 0.2%) of Energy customers lodged complaints against the company in 2020–21.
- 57% of calls made to Tango Energy are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average call wait time is 165 seconds according to AER customer service data.
- 10.4% of customer calls to Tango Energy are abandoned before being answered.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.