Sumo Power sell electricity and gas to over 60,000 customers. They also offer internet bundles to help their customers save.
Sumo Power was established in 2014, and is an Australian-owned company with head offices in Melbourne, Victoria and call centres in Australia. Though it was publicly listed, Sumo has since gone private.
Neither the organisation nor its products are carbon neutral.
Contact information for Sumo Energy
13 88 60
- Sumo power has no carbon offsets or a stand on Energy efficiency/Demand response management, nor decarbonisation.
- It has minimal support for renewable energy, have not taken an active stance on strong climate policy and has not committed to ending coal use by 2030.
- It buys energy from open market where coal still dominates, but Sumo isn't involved in fossil fuel extraction itself.
- 588 complaints were lodged against Sumo Power in 2021–22 (1%), according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 27% of people were answered when calling Sump Power within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a customer service call made to Sumo was 151 seconds.
- 9.8% of people abandon calls to Sumo Power based on the AER data from 2021–22.
- It was fined $1.2 million by the ACCC in 2021 for making false or misleading representations in selling electricity plans to Victorian consumers.
Sumo Power's energy sources
Sumo Power is not transparent about where the electricity comes from.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.