Simply Energy was established in 2005 by international power company ENGIE, which operates in over 30 countries worldwide. It has its head office in Melbourne, Victoria, and provides electricity and gas to customers across Australia.
Simply Energy supplies electricity to NSW, Queensland, SA and Victoria, and natural gas to its customers in SA, Victoria, WA and NSW. Its call centre is in the Philippines.
ENGIE has divested all high-carbon generation facilities in the Asia Pacific region and operates wind and solar farms, and hydro plants. However, it also operates, and sources energy from, gas-fired plants.
Simply Energy also offers GreenPower offsets to its customers. It is carbon neutral for its product, certified by Climate Active.
Contact details for Simply Energy
1800 005 114
- Parent company ENGIE owns and operates wind and solar farms, and hydro plants.
- Simply Energy offers GreenPower carbon offsets, and is carbon neutral.
- But it sources power from gas-fired power generators and buys energy from open market where coal still dominates.
- It has not taken an active stance on strong climate policy, nor has it committed to ending coal use by 2030.
- Simply's green energy score has dropped from 4 out of 10 stars in 2019–20, to 2.5 in 2020–21.
- In Australia, ENGIE has divested all high-carbon power generation facilities.
- 7,649 Simply Energy customers (2%) made complaints against the company in 2021-22.
- 75% of calls are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time is 41 seconds when calling customer service, which has more than halved since our 2020–21 survey.
- 2.3% of calls made to Simply Energy in 2019/20 were abandoned before being answered.
- Simply Energy was fined $2.5 million in 2021 for switching customers to new contracts without their consent.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.