Simply Energy was established in 2005 by international power company ENGIE, which operates in over 70 countries worldwide. It has its head office in Melbourne, Victoria, and provides electricity and gas to customers across Australia.
Simply Energy supplies electricity to NSW, Queensland, SA and Victoria, and natural gas to its customers in SA, Victoria, WA and NSW. While some of its power comes from wind farms, solar and hydro power plants, the majority is from non-renewable sources such as natural gas.
Simply Energy offers GreenPower offsets to its customers, but neither the organisation nor its products are carbon neutral.
Contact details for Simply Energy
1800 005 114
- Simply Energy only received two stars from The Green Electricity Guide, due to its reliance on non-renewable energy sources, among other things.
- Parent company ENGIE owns and operates wind farms and gas-powered power plants in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, generating approximately 1000 MW of power.
- Simply Energy offers GreenPower carbon offsets, but is not carbon neutral.
- ENGIE's coal assets and investments meant that its emissions intensity was well above the average in 2016/17.
- 10,363 Simply Energy customers (3.0% of total) made complaints against the company in 2018/19.
- The majority of calls to the company (82%) are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time is 34 seconds when calling customer service.
- 2% of calls made to Simply Energy in 2017/18 were abandoned before being answered.
While Simply Energy has so far failed to deliver on its claims to support sustainable power for the future, its prices are well below some of the more expensive competitors. Simply Energy's highest prices undercut the average highest prices in Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne by around $1000.