Simply Energy was established in 2005 by international power company ENGIE, which operates in over 70 countries worldwide. It has its head office in Melbourne, Victoria, and provides electricity and gas to customers across Australia.
Simply Energy supplies electricity to NSW, Queensland, SA and Victoria, and natural gas to its customers in SA, Victoria, WA and NSW. While some of its power comes from wind farms, solar and hydro power plants, the majority is from non-renewable sources such as natural gas.
Simply Energy offers GreenPower offsets to its customers, and recently became carbon neutral for its product.
Contact details for Simply Energy
1800 005 114
- Parent company ENGIE owns and operates wind farms and gas-powered power plants in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, generating approximately 1000 MW of power.
- Simply Energy offers GreenPower carbon offsets, and is carbon neutral.
- ENGIE's coal assets and investments meant that its emissions intensity was well above the average in 2016/17.
- In Australia, ENGIE has closed or divested all coal-fired power generation facilities.
- 26,507 Simply Energy customers (6.9% of total) made complaints against the company in 2019/20.
- The majority of calls to the company (82%) are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time is 35 seconds when calling customer service.
- 3% of calls made to Simply Energy in 2019/20 were abandoned before being answered.