Mojo Power serves the energy needs of over 7500 Australian customers, and claims to put the power in their hands with online self-service tools. It's a privately owned company based in Sydney.
It has expanded its operation since our last survey and now covers NSW, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT.
Mojo Power is an Australian-owned company, with head offices and call centres in Sydney. The retailer was established in 2015, and buys most of its energy from the open market which includes coal.
As a result, neither the organisation nor its product are carbon neutral. However, some wholesale electricity is purchased from a solar farm.
Contact information for Mojo Power
1300 439 406
- Little information is available about Mojo Power's environmental stance or impact, and the company does not own any power generation assets.
- It buys energy from the open market where coal dominates.
- But Mojo also offers GreenPower plans which claim to be from renewable sources. These are available in 25%, 50% and 100% tiers e.g. a 50% GreenPower plan supposedly means half of your energy will be renewable.
- Mojo also claims that every kWh of electricity used on a 100% GreenPower plan will be matched with a kWh of renewable energy that's added to the grid.
- Its green electricity score increased from 4 out of 10 stars in 2019–20 to 7 out of 10 stars in 2020–21.
- Mojo claims to offer one of the highest solar feed-in tariffs on the market.
- 1115 customers made complaints about Mojo according to 2021–22 data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 86% of calls made to Mojo are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average call wait time is 5 seconds.
- 8.2% of callers hang up before their call is answered.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.