GloBird has over 65,000 electricity customers throughout Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. This is almost 0.7% of households in Australiaaccording to AER and VIC data.
It also offers gas supply.
Established in 2014, the privately held, Australian owned company is based in Mitcham, Victoria, with call centres in Melbourne. GloBird Energy has won the MOZO award for low energy rates in Victoria multiple times, and the company's focus is on providing competitive pricing alongside customer service.
Neither GloBird's organisation nor the product it offers is carbon neutral.
Contact information for GloBird Energy
13 34 56
- GloBird Energy does not own any power generation assets, as it is a retailer only.
- It is not involved in fossil fuel extraction.
- The company does not offer any kind of carbon offsets and buys energy from open market where coal still dominates.
- The solar export prices offered by GloBird are above the state average.
- 246 customers (0.4% of customer base) made complaints against GloBird Energy in 2021–22, according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 58% of customer service calls were answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time was 156 seconds.
- 17.4% of calls to GloBird were abandoned in 2021–22.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.