Energy Locals sells electricity to over 14,000 households, or under 1% of Australia's residential customers, according to 2018/19 figures. Energy Locals joined the Australian market in 2016 as one of the newest retailers on the market. It claims to offer cheaper energy, great service, carbon offsets and zero hassle. Energy Locals is one of the few energy retailers that has a fixed fee membership that claims to give you the cheapest usage rates.
Energy Locals was established in 2016, and currently has over 14,000 customers. It is a locally owned entity, privately owned. Its head office is in Richmond, Victoria.
The company does not own any power generation plants, it buys its power from power stations and sells it on.
Energy Locals has a strong orientation towards renewables.
Contact details for Energy Locals
1300 693 637
- Energy Locals is a well-rated energy retailer in the Green Electricity Guide, with 4 stars.
- It has a strong position against investing in fossil fuels.
- Energy Locals' export prices for solar are above state averages.
- It does not promote energy efficiency and is not involved in demand management/response programs.
- 234 (or 1.6%) of Energy Locals' customers lodged complaints against the company in 2018-19.
- 80% of calls made to Energy Locals are answered within 30 seconds.
- Not many callers are left waiting longer – the average wait time is 19 seconds.
- 1% of callers hang up before their call is answered.
We have found references to Energy Locals' use of a bio generator (Cape Byron Power) that uses waste to generate power, but we couldn't find a comprehensive breakdown of the mix of energy sources that Energy Locals uses for all power generation.
Looking at the pricing table below, its obvious that Energy Locals is aiming for a consistently low price throughout most markets, not hitting anywhere near the highest cost in any of its markets – which is good for consumers. We couldn't find relevant pricing for Adelaide at the time of publish.