Dodo Power & Gas serves the energy needs of just over 90,000 customers throughout Australia, holding less than 1% of Australia's energy consumer base. It's the trading name of M2 Energy Pty Ltd.
The company keeps things simple with only one electricity market offer available in each state that the service is available in. It's a privately owned company based in Melbourne, with call centres in Manila, the Philippines.
Dodo Power & Gas was established in 2001 as the energy retailing arm of the internet provider. The company is partly Australian owned, with parent company Vocus Group operating in both Australia and New Zealand.
The company is not carbon neutral, neither in its organisation nor in the products offered.
Contact information for Dodo Energy
13 36 36
- Dodo does not own any power or gas generation facilities, but still only rated 3.5 out of ten stars in The Green Electricity Guide's independent evaluation. This is a slight decrease on its five-star rating in 2019-20.
- The company's emissions are average, but their carbon offsets are well below average.
- It isn't involved in fossil fuel extraction, but Dodo still buys energy from markets where coal dominates.
- It has not taken an active stance on strong climate policy.
- 2551 customers (2.4% of total base) made complaints against Dodo in 2020-21 according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 62% of customer service calls made to Dodo were answered within 30 seconds. This is a notable drop from the 83% of calls answered in the same time period in 2019-20.
- The average wait time for a caller is over two and a half minutes (155 seconds).
- 10.4% of customer service calls made to the company were abandoned before being answered.