Dodo Power & Gas serves the energy needs of nearly 100,000 customers throughout Australia, holding approximately 1.2% of Australia's energy consumer base. The company keeps things simple with only one electricity market offer available in each state that the service is available in.
Dodo Power & Gas was established in 2001 as the energy retailing arm of the internet provider. The company is partly Australian owned, with parent company Vocus Group operating in both Australia and New Zealand. However, the head office is located in Melbourne, Victoria.
The company is not carbon neutral, neither in its organisation nor in the products offered.
Contact information for Dodo Energy
13 36 36
- Dodo does not own any power or gas generation facilities, but still only rated 2.5 stars in The Green Electricity Guide's independent evaluation.
- The company's emissions are average, but their carbon offsets are well below average.
- 1220 customers (1.13% of total base) made complaints against Dodo in 2018/19 according to data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 87% of customer service calls made to Dodo in 2017/18 were answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time for a caller is 29 seconds.
- 3% of customer service calls made to the company were abandoned before being answered.