Diamond Energy provides power to 13,000 customers across Australia, generating electricity solely from renewable sources. The company claims to provide more sustainable power than their competitors, at an affordable price.
First established in 2004, Diamond Energy is a privately owned power generator and retailer supplying sustainable power from renewable sources to Australian consumers. It's based in Prahran, Victoria with call centres in Melbourne.
Diamond Energy owns only renewable assets and stands in strong opposition to investment in fossil fuels. Because of this, it claims to be 'beyond carbon neutral', sourcing more renewable energy that its customers consume. It's one of two Australian retailers in our survey to earn 10 out of 10 stars in the Green Electricity Guide.
Diamond Energy's electricity tariffs vary between states, but its Thrive program offers customers the opportunity to get discounts on their bill through referrals, credits and bonuses, as well as other incentives. It's also the first retailer to offer an export tariff for home batteries.
Contact details for Diamond Energy
1300 838 009
Diamond Energy is one of three energy retailers to earn a CHOICE recommendation.
- Diamond Energy is one of only two companies to have received a 10-star rating from The Green Electricity Guide in our survey.
- The company own biogas power plants and over a thousand rooftop solar PV installations.
- Diamond was the first company to offer an export tariff for residential solar batteries.
- Diamond only owns renewable power generation assets, and does not buy in power generated from fossil fuels.
- 27 (0.2%) customers of Diamond Energy made complaints against the company in 2020-21.
- 100% of calls made to Diamond Energy are answered within 30 seconds.
- 0.1% of callers hang up before their call is answered.