Diamond Energy provides power to just over 13,000 customers across Australia, generating electricity solely from renewable sources. The company claims to provide more sustainable power than their competitors, at an affordable price.
First established in 2004, Diamond Energy is a privately owned power generator and retailer supplying sustainable power from renewable sources to Australian consumers.
The company is partly Australian owned. While it is not carbon neutral, Diamond Energy owns only renewable assets and stands in strong opposition to investment in fossil fuels. Because of this, it claims to be 'beyond carbon neutral', with an emission intensity of -1.02.
Diamond Energy's electricity tariffs vary between states, but its Thr1ve program offers customers the opportunity to work towards a 100% discount on their bill through referrals, credits and bonuses, as well as other incentives.
Contact details for Diamond Energy
1300 838 009
- Diamond Energy is one of only two companies to have received a 5-star rating from The Green Electricity Guide.
- The company own biogas power plants and over a thousand rooftop solar PV installations.
- Diamond was the first company to offer an export tariff for residential solar batteries.
- Diamond only owns renewable power generation assets, and does not buy in power generated from fossil fuels.
- 25 (0.2%) customers of Diamond Energy made complaints against the company in 2019-20.