CovaU provides electricity to over 8000 customers across four states, and claims to provide competitive rates with simply monthly installments for bill payment.
CovaU is an Australian-owned energy retailer, with head offices in Sydney. The company is owned by TPC, and entered the energy market in 2014. Its call centres are located in Manila in the Philippines.
Since our last survey, CovaU has expanded its operations to include all of Queensland, Tasmania and the ACT. It has no generation assets, makes no climate active claims and neither the organisation nor its product are carbon neutral.
Contact information for CovaU Energy
1300 689 866
- CovaU Energy has slightly improved its green energy performance. It earned 3 stars out of 10 in our 2019–20 survey, but increased that to 4 out of 10 in our 2020–21 results.
- It has active support for household solar and is committed to halting fossil fuel expansion.
- However, the company does not offer carbon offsets to their customers.
- It also buys energy from markets where coal still dominates.
- The 2016 Renewable Energy Target requirements were not met by CovaU Energy.
- 581 complaints were lodged against CovaU, according to 2021–22 data from the Australian Energy Regulator.
- 95% of customer service calls made to CovaU in 2020–21 were answered within 30 seconds.
- 12 seconds was the average wait time for a customer service call.
- 0.8% of calls were abandoned before being answered.
- Fined by the ACCC in 2022 for breaching the Electricity Retail Code.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.