1st Energy sells electricity to almost 40,000 households, or 0.42% of Australia's residential customers, according to 2022 figures. 1st Energy joined the Australian market in 2014, claims to be Australian based and dedicated to "providing energy that actually reflects the real cost of doing business whilst giving our customers confidence and peace of mind that we care about them". 1st Energy is considered to be a smaller retailer in the Australian market.
1st Energy was established in 2014 and currently has almost 40,000 customers – it is Australian based. Its head office is in Melbourne, though its call centre is in Brisbane. It's partly Australian owned.
The company does not own or operate any coal, gas, solar or wind energy. It was the first competitor to enter the Tasmanian energy retail market.
Contact details for 1stEnergy
1300 426 594
- 1st Energy has a Green Energy Guide score of 3.5/10 which is a slight improvement on it's 2018 figures which were 2/10.
- It is not involved in fossil fuel extraction.
- However, it provides very little support for new, renewable energy.
- It also buys energy from markets where coal dominates, has not committed to ending coal use by 2030 and has not taken an active stance on strong climate policy.
- 1029 (or 2.6%) of 1st Energy's customers lodged complaints again the company in 2021-22.
- 66% of calls made to 1st Energy are answered within 30 seconds.
- The average wait time is 66 seconds.
- Only 5.8% of callers hang up before their call is answered.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.