1st Energy sells electricity to over 15,000 households, or less than 1% of Australia's residential customers, according to 2018/19 figures. 1st Energy joined the Australian market in 2014, claims to be Australian based and dedicated to providing energy that actually reflects the real cost of doing business whilst giving our customers confidence and peace of mind that we care about them. 1st Energy is considered to be a smaller retailer in the Australian market.
1st Energy was established in 2014 and currently has over 15,000 customers – it is Australian based. Its head office is in Melbourne. ERM owns a 30% stake in 1st Energy.
The company does not own or operate any coal, gas, solar or wind energy.
1st Energy is the first competitor to enter the Tasmanian energy retail market.
Contact details for 1stEnergy
1300 426 594
- 1st Energy is the lowest scoring retailer in Australia according to its 2018 figures in the Green Electricity Guide, with only 1 star out of 5.
- It has made no efforts towards decarbonisation, carbon offsets or renewables, nor is there any focus on energy efficiency and demand response/management.
- 868 (or 5.3%) of 1st Energy's customers lodged complaints again the company in 2018-19.
- 67% of calls made to 1st Energy are answered within 30 seconds.
- Some callers are left waiting longer – the average wait time is 52 seconds.
- Only 6% of callers hang up before their call is answered.
1st Energy is definitely aiming for middle of the range when it comes to pricing, according to the 2017/18 numbers from the Australian Energy Regulator.
The graphic below shows 1st Energy's cheapest and most expensive offers, compared to the average cheapest and average most expensive offer for each city.